Friday, June 8, 2012

David's First Day

Today is David's first day working at Ernst & Young in Austin (Starting work on a Friday?  I know. Weird.)  I am so proud of him, and we are both very excited.  We were so excited last night that we didn't get to sleep till late, even knowing that our vacation days were over and we needed to get up early the next morning.  Oh well, we're still young... right?

Anyway, this morning David gets up at 6 a.m. to give himself extra time to get through traffic.  Well, the bathroom is right beside Paisley's room, so that means Paisley's awake, which means I'm awake.  Okay, fine, I'll get up and be a supportive wife.  I decided to drive in to work with David and go walking down by the river with Paisley while it's not too hot out.  I think we walked about 6 miles!  Don't know if I'll be doing that again soon.

Okay, this is the good part.  Paisley, having woken up so early, fell asleep in the stroller along the way.  When we got home, I tried as gently as I could to put her in her crib so she would keep sleeping and I would get a nap.  Of course she woke up.  I gave her a small bottle and went and had a shower.  When I came out, she was cooing in her bed and saying 'mama'.  I went in, and she said "bottle" as she held up her now empty bottle. Here's the precious dialogue that followed:

Me:  "Do you want to come out?"
Paisley: "No.  Sleep."
Me:  "You want to sleep?  Do you want more milk?"
Paisley: "More." (Handing me her bottle again)

I filled up her bottle again, gave it to her, and she lay down and went to sleep.  Sigh. I love that girl. I'm going to have a nap.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, that is so cute!! I love it when they ask for sleep. I'm glad that you got to have a nap, and I'm glad your keeping us posted on all the details of your adventure. I'm now waiting to hear how the first day went. Wish I could visit you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs, Tan! How did you get to be so articulate, sensitive, and all-around bright--with good grammar to boot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mom! I don't know if I can claim all that, but if I can it must be genetic!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!