Sunday, July 29, 2012

Face Painting, the Beach and the Best Sunset in Texas

This week a friend from church invited Paisley and me to the art park with her and her son.  I didn't know what the art park entailed, but now I wish I had known about it sooner!  There was a concert for kids, followed by face painting, a table where the kids could play with clay, different instruments hanging from strings for the kids to try out, and 10 cent lemonade.  Ronald McDonald even came to the event, with an entourage giving out coupons for healthy treats at McD's!  It was a blast.  
Paisley the kitty cat.  She really didn't get the concept of having paint all over her face, so I had to give her a snack to keep her from wiping it all off before it dried. 
Buddies

The first time we went to the art park Paisley was terrified of Ronald.  She ran away from him and cowered behind me, clinging to my legs.  The next week he was all she could talk about.  She went right up to him and gave him a hug, then plopped down in front of him.  Here, she is her daddy's girl. 
We finished off the day at the art park playing in the stream.  I think this was Paisley's favorite.  She slipped and slid around, so that sometimes I was worried she'd slide right down the stream!  She loved it so much that when I dragged her out soaked to the bone, she cried and cried for more "swimming".  Here, she is her mommy's girl.

Last weekend we went out to Lake Travis and went to the beach.  As far as beaches go, let's just say it's no Hawaii.  The sand wasn't so much sand as it was dirt, which made for mud once you got in the water.  And the water itself felt more like a warm bath than a refreshing lake.  But it was so nice to get out in natural water on a nice hot day.  Plus it was Paisley's first visit to the beach!  What could be more exciting?  

Paisley even got to experience waves when the boats went by, which she was absolutely thrilled about.  She shrieked in excitement and wonder as they rolled in a pushed her over.  She especially liked it when she got adventurous and started crawling out into the waves, and they would roll in and splash her in the face.  We even got light nips from some red-eared turtles out there. 
 
Yes, this is me in a swimsuit at almost 7 months pregnant.  David insisted we post this one.  It does capture my future surfer girl well.  :)


After swimming we drove up the hill the a place called the Oasis.  The main attraction here is the Oasis Restaurant where you can eat dinner while watching the most beautiful sunset in Texas, right over Lake Travis.  There is also a gift shop, frozen yogurt, art shops, and a great little candy shop.  

The view from up top with the restaurant in behind us.
The Oasis restaurant.  In case that wasn't obvious.
The view from our table at the restaurant.




3 comments:

  1. You are way too cute pregnant and in a bathing suit!! Kinda makes me want to poke you in the tummy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunset view is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the kitty cat in the stroller. It's the "don't mess with me" look that makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!