Thursday, April 30, 2015

Super David and the Big 27

What?  I have a blog?  I almost forgot!  But what better day to brush off my dusty keyboard than my husband's 27th birthday?

Seriously though, I couldn't let this day go by without acknowledging what an amazing guy our family is blessed to call husband and father.  He really is our superhero!  That thought has crossed my mind so many times over the past four months or so, and let me tell you why.

In case you didn't know, accountants work. A lot. And hard. David spent from January til April working 60-80 hour weeks.

As though that weren't enough on its own, he also woke up diligently every morning, 6 days a week, and completed a session of P90X.  (*Sidenote: He just completed the program last week and is lookin' might fine if you ask me!*)

The most challenging part for David of this busy season was probably how little time he got to spend with our girls, who would wake up shortly before he left in the morning and would most often be asleep by the time he got home.  But that didn't stop him from finding quality time with them.  Whether it was sleeping on the floor beside Afton's bed when she woke in the night, or playing catch with Paisley for a few minutes in the morning, he took every moment he could get and made the most of it.  He even managed to teach Paisley to ride a two-wheeler bike! She's a pro now. It's all she wants to do.


Also worth mentioning is that I am pregnant.  Sooo, let's just say I wasn't always the cheerful, energetic, or even emotionally stable wife that I otherwise would be.  David managed to be supportive, patient and kind.  He even took over night duty when I was too grumpy and exhausted to handle another late night waking.

All the while, this superhero of a guy has managed to live by what seems to be his life motto: "Be happy" or, "Happiness is a choice".  He rarely complains, always keeps up a positive attitude and always manages to brighten up our home whenever he's home.
David's birthday present made by me and the girls. He lives this slogan every day.

So for all these reasons and many more, David is our superhero.  Noble people are recognized for great acts of kindness and heroism every day in the news and social media.  From my point of view, there are few things more noble and heroic than a loving, dedicated and devoted husband and father.  So grateful to have him in my life.  Happy birthday, Babe.



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! Happy birthday David! You have an incredible family! And Tanis what a totally awesome and beautiful cake!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!